A

Anonymous

so one of our suppliers subbed this plant w/out iisting the species-any ideas ? i'm thinking a type of bacopa (?)

Attachments

• plant3.JPG
    plant3.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 110
  • plant2.jpg
    plant2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 108
  • plant1.jpg
    plant1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 109
A

Anonymous

What's the scale for it, how long are the leaves?

If it weren't for the fact that I'm sure you've ruled it out already I'd say it's one of those that shows up as 'Green Hedge', usually terrestrial/marginal plants.

A

Anonymous

heh it indeed was a sub for the 'true' green hedge we were expecting

leaves are about 1-1.25" long, app

A

Anonymous

Heh.

If the leaves are that large then putting the stems into perspective means they're pretty hefty themselves. I'd bet on it not being an aquatic, or if it is I'd expect the current growth is emmersed and will show a pretty significant change once it starts putting out immersed growth. If that's the case might need to wait til then to see just what it's going to look like to have better luck with an ID.

I know FAN has three or four plants they call green hedge and all but one of those is a terrestrial, don't know the species of those though. Did these originate at FAN or somewhere else?

A

Anonymous

cjdevito":7lbkn77v said:
Heh.

If the leaves are that large then putting the stems into perspective means they're pretty hefty themselves. I'd bet on it not being an aquatic, or if it is I'd expect the current growth is emmersed and will show a pretty significant change once it starts putting out immersed growth. If that's the case might need to wait til then to see just what it's going to look like to have better luck with an ID.

I know FAN has three or four plants they call green hedge and all but one of those is a terrestrial, don't know the species of those though. Did these originate at FAN or somewhere else?

they were from fan (via a 'jobber', heh) -but that particular plant doesn't show on their website

A

Anonymous

cjdevito":il3l464p said:
Heh.

the stems are indeed 'hefty', and the emersed leaves are noticeably smaller/rounder-i'm still guessing a type of bacopa

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: