rstimeout

Rating - 98.8%
79   1   0
HI GUYS my koi are up and swimming all over the place finally they were eatting today i am so happy i dont like the winter i hope you like
best 1.jpg

b3.jpg

b5.jpg

best big boy.jpg

best group 1.jpg

best group2.jpg

rstimeout

Rating - 98.8%
79   1   0
HEY JARRET i have the water fall and air running all winter never had a problem i just feed them a small amout not to worry i have a friend that i got my liner from 30x30 cost me 425.00 i picked it up its 45ply firestone let meknow i can you a price on one

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
swimming pool liners are more money I think?

Not necessarily! Go to the online pool stores.;) It all depends on the gauge, and size. One thing though, and I don't know if this matters when it comes to a pond. Pool liners shrink if they are not kept wet at all times, at least that is what my pool manufacturer & vendor told me.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You can't use a swimming pool liner as they are treated with a fungicide or something...I'm sure it is not suggested.

Jarrett - there is a place that sells them in Island Park - Liotta- the rock & dirt company - on Long Beach Road,. He also carries a ton of savco fittings. I bought my last 2 liners from him, with warranty )

Rich - I'm also concerned about feeding them so early on. Even with the waterfall & filter running the bacteria can't live through such low temps, so you are mostly circulating water. The danger isn't so much the ammonia (though that is important!!), but if the temps drop again and they go back into hibernation mode, the food in their gut will rot and kill them as they cannot digest when the water is that cold. :(
Crossing my fingers that you pond is in a very sunny location with low wind ;)

I was out in the yeard today looking at my pond..mmmm..can't wait unit it's warmer & the fish get more active. Some of the plants are already showing growth! :spin:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
a guy i know used a pool liner for his koi pond and it is now running close to 5 years.his friend was getting rid of an old 4 ft pool and he cut it up to size used a bunch of round rock to hide the bottom used lilly pads to hide the sides.it looks amazing

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: