ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Just Kidding!

well i dont know exactally how big it is...but its kidney shaped and around 32 foot long and the water fall is around 35 feet up on a slight angle. its above and in ground. when standing in it, its around 3-4 foot tall, and one side section is around 5 1/2 foot at its deep part. my guess would be around 12,000 gallons maybe?

anyway, pretty simple basic set up. 2 skimmer boxes on each side which goes up into 2 main boxes that fill up and go down stream. there 3-4 big slate rocks to make mini water falls then one big slate rock that makes the main fall into the pond. there use to big CRAZY large fish in this pond. years ago when my father, his friends and i hand built it we had...lets just say the smallest koi was around 1 1/2 foot. they were amazing. around 15-20 in it. sadly during winter, even though we had 3 couple throsand watt heaters, the fish still got stuck in the ice and all died. this pond was my fathers life. he sat outside everyday watching it. soon after my parents split and my father moved out and the pond just went to hell. i wish i had pictures of this pond around 5 years ago because it was AMAZING. now its a bit overgrown with plants. wayyyyyyy toooo many plants. the largest fish is maybe only a foot, but there is around 100-200 comets, pool, goldfish, subumkins, and few koi. most only 3-4 inches. thousands of baby tadpoles and 2 turtles. some un wanted fellows would be few water snakes that we dont want but constantly come, and of course bears, racoons and large birds! ohh well...

anyway here are a bunch of photos and a video of my super overgrown plant pond. enjoy! AND SORRY FOR ALL THE PLANTS! lol

also sorry there not amazing pictures, its only a camera phone lol.

CLICK THE FIRST PICTURE FOR THE VIDEO! it will load, just takes a few minutes because photobucket sucks lol.

Video... CLICK IT TO PLAY
http://snull.photobucket.com/null?action=view&current=null

water fall...
db4371c4.jpg

too many plants...
e8e538d7.jpg

as you can see my backyard is empty, so when u see the far picture next you can picture how many plants there really are!
febcc7f8.jpg

far far away picture of my forest pond lol...
973e7f9d.jpg

far away picture...
93375bee.jpg

the pond...
954f3b8d.jpg

More F'in Plants!
77a46928.jpg

Top of pond and bridge...
a25c5355.jpg

very top of pond...
64cf2cda.jpg

right side of pond...
4f7780f3.jpg

left side of pond...
d42ce958.jpg

middle of pond...
6a7e8da5.jpg

all my tadpoles...they keep having babies! UGH
a22e843f.jpg

MORE tadpoles...
bdef103c.jpg

man i really need to chop all of this down...
879a7982.jpg

far away shot from other side of pond...
ad6f4bd4.jpg

top down shot of some of the pond...
f6a0969d.jpg

one more of shi*s n giggles...
acdcb5ae.jpg

this saturday im grabbing my clippers and going to go NUTS on all these plants. Then i will post a bunch more pics so that you can FINALLY see it without trying to fight through all the plants. If you watch the video you can see it a heck of alot better. Let me know what you guys think! because holy plants lol

Last edited:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i have 2 in there! i said that up top where i explained everything. a red ear slider and painter. about the size of a foot ball. the painter is being annoying because he made a mini nest in my skimmer box...

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
yes all the plants are pretty much done for now thats its winter which is nice, and when spring comes along ill just have to make sure i keep up with the clipping on whatever decided to grow this year...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: