Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
I'm not sure if that's what this is but my black and pink convict had baby so I started to feed them liquid fry food , and Then this brown stuff started growing every where :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 175
T

THEDLO

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
u have excess nutrients in the water, thats y its growing out. is this in a separate tank?

T

THEDLO

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
scratch that part i was thinking salt water lol, u should do a 10% water change so that the water is cleaner, or use a siphon on the gravel.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Try and give the gravel a good vacuuming and do a 10% water change.

Convict fry don't need fry food - they can eat pulverized flake food once they are free swimming.
Get yourself some good sized FW snails, or some Corydoras to clean up anything that falls to the substrate. They won't bother the fry as they are bottom dwellers.

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Yeah Kathy I found that out after I kept feeding them half the bottle lol,but thanks alot guys I'm going to give it a shot with some gravel cleaning , water change , and some snails ......I will let yeah know in a few weeks ....:)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Yeah Kathy I found that out after I kept feeding them half the bottle lol,but thanks alot guys I'm going to give it a shot with some gravel cleaning , water change , and some snails ......I will let yeah know in a few weeks ....:)

I'd do the water change first and a few days later the gravel.
Have you taken an ammonia reading?

If you lost the fry, they are sure to spawn again soon, convicts are the bunnies of the FW world...lol

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Nah there's about 50 of them, water is very clear .....shoot if it wasn't for the brown algae everything looks perfect ,ammonia is 0.5 which for freshwater I don't think it's to bad....

I wish I knew how to upload pic from my phone :-/

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: