tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Just wanted to tell ya about my 220 fresh. Ive got a 10 " peacock bass,3 oscars about 7", one 5 " PARRON SHARK, 1 -10" lima cat fish, 1 -6 " sextafaxiatus , I also had a 4 inch jardini arowana and a 4 inch ornate polyterus in a separate section of the tank, but some how they escaped and got eaten, anybody wanna buy a peacock bass. photos soon

Attachments

• sexafaciatus.jpg
    sexafaciatus.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 461
  • 82.10 015.JPG
    82.10 015.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 462

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
So I wanted more fish and I went bigger than the peacock bass.lol, The new 20 inch arowana will keep the bass in check, and I also gota a trio of real redish silver dollars, pics soon

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
so heres the big guy

This fish was in a 125, now in my 220 he is freakin huge, OVER TWO FEET LONG AND HAPPY!, BTW THE PEACOCK BASS is 10 inches and the silver dolers are 6 inches... oh my poor Paroon shark, my Sextifaiciatus grow! or get eaten.
Btw i have 3 tanks , 26 bow maxed out lps reef soon to be in the 120 corner, wait lion fish ,tusk and beata need a home? ... maybee switch the 220 fresh to salt and get a 300?

Attachments

• watch out.jpg
    watch out.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 380
  • yeah.jpg
    yeah.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 373
  • 220 aro3 001.jpg
    220 aro3 001.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 365

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
btw, Im looking for a better home for all these guys, When I
I say this guy is big, its fatter than most guys arms. at least 14inches around. this is the biggest bio mass ive seen in years besides a red tail cat here and there.

So Im gonna up grade the filter system and add another 30 gallon Rubbermaid tub filled with media and get back to a two week 60 gallon h20 change.......

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
is this your first post?

Ive got a 30 gallon rubber maid homemade sump with two 6 gallon pails filled will bio balls,sponge, charcoal,ceramic noodles. My water quality is fine, now. But I anticpate the paroon shark and the bass growing well into to 20 " range. So im adding another 30 gallon rubbermaid filled with similar medis soon.After 50 gallons a week watere change ,MY fish are doing well. Return pump is a little giant md4

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Its a Sextifaiciatus , which I believe is a striped african perch. its always swimming and has grown from 2 1/2" to 7 " in 8 months, Ive read that they prefer to swim in schools and get up to 3 feet.I holds its own against my much bigger fish.

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
I saw those golden wide bar Datniods and really those were the only fish I wanted. But up state here in Orange County and even down in Northern jersey nobody can get them bigger than 2 inches. Plus I hear they need salt in the water. Please keep an eye out for any bigger than 5 inches and id come get it.

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Nice wood work in the tank. The silver and the shark are going to be a monsters. The one I had in my 120w out grew the tank within one year. I gave it to my uncle in lake success to put in his 400 gallon champion japanese koi tank, and that 4 ft monster is a very nice mix with the kois swimming at the bottom.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: