IFoundNemo

and I put him in my tank
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
heres a pic of what i did with mine. i got the tank as a gift.
low light live plants do well. not great for fish that need to surface for air. the filter makes it difficult for those type of fish to reach the surface. i have neon tetras and a couple of otto cats.
Watch your temperature. the halogen bulbs really heat up the tank. once caught mine at 92F one summer evening. the only way i could keep it cool is by keeping lights off or using ice.
P1020397.jpg

IFoundNemo

and I put him in my tank
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The substrate I used is called Black Beauty, Its a fine gravel usually used for construction purposes. Came upon it randomly at my favorite fish store back home. I think black aragonite would give you the same look.
I agree, too small for puffers.

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Nemo, that tank looks great!

Zany, I saw a FW edge set up in a store a while ago, it had fancy tailed guppies and a few mollies in it. (I know not the most exciting fish, but you're kind of limited with 6 gallons :( ) Unfortunately, I believe the plants in the tank were plastic. I've been wanting to set up a little planted edge for a while, but the fish selection is so limited. I wish they made a 12g rectangular version :sigh:

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
Here is my Tank going through it's few days of cycling.Added plants yesterday.Will get some fish and maybe some more plants over the weekend.Need a new heater,this POS stays on no matter what setting I have it on.

Attachments

• EDGE.JPG
    EDGE.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 141

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: