artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
wrong forum for this question. But three things will make your oscar grow bigger faster. 1 more feedings, 2 a bigger tank and 3 lots of water changes. you have to do all three.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
A 30 gallon is way to small for that fish and if you bought it in June and it is that small then you are not feeding it properly, It needs a variety of food and a lot of it. In the 6-7 months you have had the oscar it should be at least 6-8"s

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I say good water quality and the right feeding will help, I fed my Oscars blood worms mix with the red medium pellets 2 times a day. Once a month I'll feed them live fish... More for excersize...they go thru growth spurts ...
The most important thing to remember is
The water quality, great water quality will help double there size with timely feeding..

PS: mind you this is my personal opinion :)

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
BTW I am talking about the freshwater Oscar ... And yep 30g is not good at all for it as it will stump it's out side growth but it's inside will keep growing till it dies so you might have to move fast.

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I don't want to look like the Oscar police but goldfish are not good for oscars they have something on there slime coat that's not good for the oscars I think it has to do with a vitamin B something ... There are other feeder fish that are good......
Try oscarlover.com they have lots of info on them too....

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Also try Cichlidforums.com
The problem you are facing is not, how to get it to grow. Because it will!
The tank size will not stump it's growth.
Do you have any other fish in the tank with it?

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Say hoozah? I think you got that uh, wrong there - 1st Oscars are freshwater fish, and 2nd about "it's inside will keep growing till it dies".
He's technically not wrong. The oscar will continue to grow even if he doesn't hve enough space to move. Their spines tend to bend after awhile and you end up having a fish that looks somewhat crooked. I'm talking about the oscar with out birth defects btw.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: