• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I thought it would be fun to celebrate Kris's last day of school and preparation for graduation by posting our final moments senior year as we prepared for adulthood (allegedly).

Here is mine:

In 1983, a football team friend and I went out drinking all day (not a good role model) and found ourselves in the paint store by the mid afternoon. Interesting part of it was that he and I never really got along until later senior year and often fought (we played touch tackle on the off-season on different teams). I never played HS football, I ran track and field and most often smoked any running back that set foot on the track - I ran a 4.5 40 yrd dash and a 10.6 100 yrd. and a 14.9 110 hurdles - So that pissed him off as well (he was a lineman and outside linebacker). In touch tackle, I used to get past him on the defensive line every time in. Safe to say it was a rocky relationship

We went into the paint store picked up a few 4" brushes and went back to my house where we grabbed a celery green gallon of paint my mother hated but never threw out.

Behind our High School there was a 5 story abandoned building (consequently are now condos) that were gutted. We used to hang out there and drink a few. He and I grabbed the paint, the brushes and thought it would be a great idea to paint his fotball number and my initials as a right of passage in graduating. Well, we couldn't hang out the windows to paint the numbers and letters big enough for people to see from the school, so he hung me upside down by my ankles while I painted the numbers and letters the entire size of one story (usually 8-10 feet) Safe to say he was quite strong (and I was only 155lbs when I graduated). He literally had my life in his hands.

We finished painting his number "55" and my initials JCJ, chucked the paint and brushes and went our seperate ways. I never say him after graduation but learned a ton from that experience.

Pete Camaralingo,"55" if you're out there, hope all is well.

House

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that's going back, '86 :D
I can't recall any good stories,
but congratulations Kris!!!!

If I think of something I'll post it later.

House 10.6 and14.9 are not bad, I don't remember my times,
I'd have to check my trophies
we were close though.
I ran the 400 hurdles too, that hurt.

[ June 16, 2005, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: jhale ]

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
347   0   0
LoL...I'll try John. Thanks Jim and John. I can already feel my back starting to hurt. Tommorow I'm gonna enjoy the day. When I ran track my coached sucked freshmen year. He did nothing to prepare us and when I finally did go to a meet he signed me up for the 800m race, you guessed it that I placed dead last and walked the entire last lap. That was fun, my friends my really good friends threw rocks at me so I could run a little faster. I'll never forget that.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Kris,

Too bad - later in life, I coached T&F and had a blast with the students preparing them for the meet - they were nervous and excited at the same time - most of them never saw a track or competition and they also came dead last, but we had a ton of fun doing it. eventually the saw improvement, so, it all worked out.

House

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that sucks Kris, I had the opposite experience, my track coach, Howie Rickter trained us like we were going to the olympics.
I still remember dreading mondays, the 330 splits day, 2 sets of 4. I don't think our coach was happy unless we fell over at the end of them.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that's priceless a track coach who smoked, cough.
I don't think I miss those practices, OUCH, but they did build a good foundation. When I started playing lacrosse I had the same experience you had with your football buddy. Ah, the good old days. See what you have to look forward to Kris, you too will be having conservations of remember when I tried to run that 800 and you threw rocks at me, wow that was fun ;)

Missy Johnson

Masta of Disasta
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah frag swaps make for hot dates.

My high school graduation, 1997. We all camped out in the woods with a few cases of red dog (gross). I pounded about 10, puked, and then allegedly was discussing with the worms why they did not like to eat throw up. Ah, memories.

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
congrats kris,

class of 1999~ moved to alaska for my senior year and hated it, all the girls hated me, had to kick a few butts :D got suspended, and got the hell out of there early. did bad 9-11 grade but straight a's my senior year and out in january. i do miss highschool sometimes. not worrying about any bills, and working just to buy clothes and have some money to party :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: