MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Looking to get a wireless camera for viewing of my tank. Read a lot about the D-Links and such but havent found anything worth while that pan/tilts and has night vision. Suggestions?

Also, to those that have cams on their tanks, how does the blue LEDs effect the color? I know they make take pictures on a standard camera difficult.

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Im currently on vacation and was looking to do the same thing with my reef.. I have a top notch tele com company installing all sorts of tech devices in my house so I asked him what he recommended. This is what he showed me and said to look no further.

If you want something for outdoor use this wouldn't be the right cam.

http://www.smarthome.com/28500WH/Fo...rity-IP-Camera-with-Night-Vision-White/p.aspx

the model is:
Foscam FI8910W-W Wireless Security IP Camera with Night Vision, White

NYCEnglish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I also use the Foscam FI8910W. I have three of them and they've been perfect for more than a year. Not really has too much issues regarding LEDs but at night the tank will look blue. They also work well with an Apex if you decide to go that root.

Can be had for $60-$70 if you catch a sale.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I didnt end up buying it last minute before my trip... I went with the full apex instead lol

how exactly does the web cam sync with the apex? what would it do for me..sounds very techy

You can't sync it with the Apex as far as I know. Get an IP camera and you can access it through your dell phone and you can check your tank while on the road. You can also give access to friends and family members and also you can determine the times that other people can access it. Pretty cool.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: