Rating - 100%
3   0   0
One of the reason's I've begun to lose interest in the hobby is the lack of LFS in my neighborhood area (Rego Park). When I first got into SW, there was Aquatic Treasures on Woodhaven Blvd, always fun to look through...even my local Petland sold SW stuff (and had a knowledgeable person to manage them). After AT closed (blackout destroyed everything) there was briefly another store that replaced it, and H2O nearby in Elmhurst. Now, everything is a long trip away. It's fine to see things online, but nothing compares to seeing the real thing, alive and well.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
One of the reason's I've begun to lose interest in the hobby is the lack of LFS in my neighborhood area (Rego Park). When I first got into SW, there was Aquatic Treasures on Woodhaven Blvd, always fun to look through...even my local Petland sold SW stuff (and had a knowledgeable person to manage them). After AT closed (blackout destroyed everything) there was briefly another store that replaced it, and H2O nearby in Elmhurst. Now, everything is a long trip away. It's fine to see things online, but nothing compares to seeing the real thing, alive and well.

Couldn't agree more!! Then again most of the stores that where around never had corals I was looking for...either they had soft corals or the common LPS corals,either way they charged an arm and a leg for crap.i usually look at the vendors here as there are quite a few that operate in queens and yes they might not be storefront businesses but at the end of the day your there to buy corals

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: