• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Tone, what kind of skimmer are you guys planning for that sump? If you gravity feed it you can combine the drain and skimmer section and elongate the fuge. It would be a shame on a four foot sump to only have 14" for a fuge. The fuge on my 2 foot sump is more than 14". On a four foot sump like that I'd want more than 2 feet to be fuge. SPS like pods. :)

Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Built from a 30 to be used with a 40 breeder DT. Reactors; Phosban, Carbon and Ozone. I plan to run a DSB with Cheato in the fuge portion. Skimmer will be a modded Berlin (yeah, I know, but the load will be light and I WILL get it to work decent). Return pump is an Iwaki 30 throught a bottom spray bar and a modded (if it works out) Scwd. Lighting will be 2 15W NO fluorescents IIRC 5500K.
Hammerhead004Medium.jpg

Hammerhead006Medium.jpg

Hammerhead009Medium.jpg

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I love that sump, I wonder if it will be difficult to get the flow right to feed the reactors that you have hooked up to the drain. It seems as you open one valve you will affect the flow on the others as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: