• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

snsn

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of two pretty good stores in NNJ,
Reef Encounters in Hackensack and Absolutely Fish in Clifton...

Does anyone know of any more or better than these in NNJ?

Thanks

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMO (w/o starting a war) no LFS in NJ is worth your time or money.

Since ur in Fort Lee, I suggest going to FishTank 46, next to the walmart on 46 west. In terms of stock , they are great- in terms of advice, they have to many kids working there who arent the best.

I suggest you take full advantage of this site and all the vendors. You won't find a better bunch of people with good advice and mucho experience.

snsn

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks...I will use our vendors to buy most of my things...
I just like to go see stores as well..
what town is Fish Tank in ?

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
snsn,

[FONT=geneva,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] The Fish Tank
249 Route 46 West, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663[/SIZE][/FONT]

Get onto Route 46 west in Fort Lee, take it all the way down past the Turnpike, Teteboro airfield, and a few car dealers. It will be on the right side obviously, right before the enterance to WalMart. I believe theres a Sleepys bed store next to it. Its a small White building.

rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Neighbor,

Here is a link to the Fish Tank in saddle brook
http://www.google.com/maps?num=100&...74093056,13012565084981736656&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

JMHO:

Absolutely Fish - best selection in the area. Out of my 18 corals, 13 are from absolute. Everything I have purchased from them has been very healthily. Depending on what day you go, you can find some real bargains. However, overall, probably the most expensive store around NNJ

Reef Encounters - best selection of dry goods in the area. Corals are pretty lame and brown ! Nice friendly staff. Fish/inverts are nicely priced and healthily.

The Fish Tank - I used to stop by there every other week. I haven't been there since Oct. Their corals tanks were going downhill. Nice big store,....about 15 minutes from absolutely fish. Beware, be careful of their DT phytoplankton cabinet. I went to purchase a bottle and they had a couple but the dates were covered over because they were going to expire in a couple of weeks. I went back 3 weeks later and they had the same bottles now expired in their cabinet. When I asked if they were going to get a new shipment in, they said they would special order it for me and took my number. They never called.

If you are looking for frags check out Fish Town in Ramsey..around 15 mins north of the garden state mall. Nice selection of corals. Everything looks heathly. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. For frags, they have the best prices around NNJ
Fish Town USA
735 Route 17 South
Ramsey, NJ 07446
201-825-3775
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=735+R...82.995117&hl=en

I will say the prices and quality of the corals offered from the vendors and members of this board are outstanding. However, for me, after the tolls, parking, etc......at times it easier for me to purchase locally.

Regards

RFC

Last edited:

clamcrazy

king of all clams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
underwater world in roselle park has some good stuff, and i went to a place in union today called aarons aquiarum and it was nothing but junk.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: