• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NYAUX

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hello Everyone .just Wanted Some Help With Plumbing My 210 Gallon Tank. I Have A Merlin Pump With I Will Be Using For A Close Loop, Is It Also Possible To Use The Same Pump To Return The Water From The Sump? If So How Would I Go About Plumbing It.the Sump Is Not Drilled Aga Tank. I Will Be Using A Reeflife Overflow With To Outlets. One Will Go To The Fuge And The Other To The Sump.the Tank Is Reef Ready But For My Purpose I Wont Be Using Them For Overfows..but I Plan On Returning The Water From The Sump Through The Bottom. Any Ideas Will Be Great , Thanks Again

I Have Included A Pic Of My In 210 Room Divider Project

Attachments

• 210PROJECT 014.jpg
    210PROJECT 014.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 210PROJECT 017.jpg
    210PROJECT 017.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 63

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sweet Setup man!! So clean. I could use a good clean fishroom :D Keep the closed loop separate from the return. You dont want any issues of the water siphoning out in case of a poweroutage and flooding your home.

There are plenty of talented plumbers on this site. Im sure they will post. Good luck with the tank dude.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Looks like a beautiful start to your new reef
36_1_11.gif

If you use your closed loop pump as your return pump, you no longer have a closed loop. It will require two separate pumps to accomplish what your intent is.

Good luck on this project and keep the pix coming.

swimmer

NYAUX

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok Thanks Alot Guys..i Did All The Work Myself , I'll Get A Second Pump To Use For The Return..waiting On My Oceanmotions 4 Way To Arrive :) .. I'll Start A Thread With My Progress As I Go Along.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: