• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I bought a RBTA the other day and everything was going well. it was big and happy. this morning i wake up to the rbta in a top corner of my tank next to one of my powerheads and i see little bits of tentacles everywhere in my tank. the rbta clearly got stuck to the powerhead, getting its arms ripped off. half of it is still there. will it survive? do i attempt to take all the little bits out? or is it safe to just leave it? i'm skimming and i just did a water change last night.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
How does the remaining pieces look?
If the remaining RBTA looks strong and all the wounds are not deteriating, just let it move itself away from the powerhead(of course shut down the electricity) by placing the powerhead elsewhere or cover it with shape or such. Make sure you compensate the missing flow with some other means.

Also do you have fish, shrimps, crabs that can reach the remaining RBTA? Some curious or greedy animals will try to eat the deteriating flesh of it and further affect the survival of the wounded anemone.

Good luck. Hey look at it from the bright side you may end up having many tiny RBTA in a month or so.:bagfish:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: