• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Make sure the power plug is unplugged, remove the bulb and use a small screw driver to pop out the center piece where the pins of the bulb goes into. Putting it back together may take a few tries to get it right.

Or you can try cheating by sticking a toothpick where the wire goes in on the base and put the wire and toothpick out at the same time, hope the toothpick don't break, if it does, back to taking the center piece out:lol2:.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
First cut the power, remove the endcap and firmly grasp the wire you want to remove in your hand. Pull the wire gently and move it in a circular motion. Make as wide a circle as you possibly can and continue to pull gently. Don't go too fast, you're not trying to break the wire you just want to slip it out.

It should pop right out.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Thanks Fritz, Wish i read your message earlir. I literally pop every endcap out....it wasn't too bad, i just used a screw driver and pop it right out. After Several hours of fun, I finally was done and had it installed inside the hood. I was trying to figure the wiring part, it was easy but i didn't connect the bulb well enough and i thought i wired wrong and tried again and agin........No more upgrades for me...lolzs

techreef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, sorry I didn't see your post earlier. just twisting the wire while pulling on it will release the wire. that really stumped me too, when I was building my two retro kit T5 setups!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: