• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Im using pura phosloc ,i like better then phosban ,but only thing ,you have to wash pura phosloc very well ,,

guychoo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i use both the phoslock and nitratelock and they're both pretty good. just make sure you follow the directions well with preperations. i got mine from fistown wasnt that much of price difference at the time i bought it.

Irisservice

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Pura is a very good product, but check out warner marine PHOSaR.
Its a pellet version... Funny people from Germany are buying this US product... It can handle more flow, does not clog, and no rince.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Coming along nyfireman. Thanks for asking. How are you doing?
People check out "aquariumsuppliesforless.com"
Fishtown, $49.99 for the same size jar online $33.99. But when you add shipping $4.01,total before tax $37.99 a saving of $12,pretty good in my opinion. Especially if you order more then just one product.

Interesting. Now I gotta go and research "warner marine PHOSaR".

Any other opinions? Is it true that pura phoslock colors the aquarium water yellow?

Last edited:
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
182   0   0
what size bottle are they selling for $33 ,i can get you pura products as well ,but not sure if i can beat prices on them ,ill see what i can do ,lmk what size you need

Happy holidays
Ronen

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
what size bottle are they selling for $33 ,i can get you pura products as well ,but not sure if i can beat prices on them ,ill see what i can do ,lmk what size you need

Happy holidays
Ronen

Hi Ronen, this is just an example since I will be getting more then just the phoslock, and more then just the 795 GM. Do you know if it is true that the pura products color the aquarium water?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hi Ronen, this is just an example since I will be getting more then just the phoslock, and more then just the 795 GM. Do you know if it is true that the pura products color the aquarium water?

thats not a bad price ,i can do a bit better thou for that size ,,$30 plus shipping ,lmk what other item you need ,i just might be able to beat other prices:D If there are other ppl that use this product and would like to do a GB ,PM or reefberry me :D ---dont want to side track this thread :D

As far as the color .as i state in my previous post ,it will have to be rinsed out with atleast 10 gal of pure RO .IE

set up your reactor with the pura ,have 10 gals ready ,put in the maxi jet pump and let it run with that 10 gal of fresh water ,after you did that ,make sure you have a vavle on the inlet line ,have that shut off when you put it in the main tanks sump ,then plug in the maxi jet(pump) for the reactor ,now with the vavle being shut off ,turn it on very very slow ,,then trun it on a bit more until your setpoint ....you may still get a little color ,but very very little ,other wise ,your tank will turn brown !!

now if you ask me ,you ever doesnt do that will suffer with browning water and i dont know if there is any other affect ,it neve happen to me ,i always rinse everything well before it gos in my main display

I know it sound hard ,but its actulay a pain just making the water ,other wise ,i really do like the product ,better then phosban ,cant say about ROWA thou ,i never used it

Ronen

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: