• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ReeferGoneMad

I Smoke Live Rocks
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I agree RD. They will all eventually go through their share of colors. As polyps grow they all seem to have their own unique coloring of grey, green, pink, and blue. From the few colonies I've seen. I guess it all depends on ur parameters and lighting that determines their vibrant colors as online. Also I think they just meant to say that their duncans all have the same color variations. As I see no difference in pics. Remember ORA uses shaded but real sunlight could be y theirs are a more vibrant. Or I could just be wrong.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
No you are right, and the Sunlight may be the important factor, who knows.
As a general policy, I don't sell frags, but I just added up my # of heads x the going market rate and geez I am an idiot :banghead:. The potential ride on the gravy train will be relatively short lived too, I predict within 6 months, they will be old hat and fairly available.

ReeferGoneMad

I Smoke Live Rocks
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Aw well would still like one. Don't understand y they are so pricey for such a hardy coral. I mean compared to acros they are a walk in the park. I would like one but those sites are pricey. If any one could get good prices LMK. nice coral just for its ease of care and its personalities that remind me of anemonies

grisha

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
40 a head it is a dirt cheap against 500 for 2 head frag three month ago. BTW absolutely fish getting Rhizotrochus. it is on the page

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I got a 3-4 polyp frag. directly from Julian Sprung a few years ago. He imported a few frags in the early '90's when it was legal to import corals from Austrtalia and they are the only known entrants into the country ( legally at least). He has spread them around N. America and Europe over the years through hobbyist friends and there is a very clear lineage to all known existing captive colonies that trace back to his original imports. it is a very cool story and one that I believe he will publish sometime. I think he is a little bemused/dismayed by the current market for them as am I. Randy

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: