Andyv2004

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Hi guys, lost a clownfish and the other is just swimming along the glad. Blue chromis is acting the same way. They are not eating and its not like them. Yellow tang, coral banded shrimp and toadstool are fine. Only thing I did different was take protein skimmer out for a week for cleaning. I don't have a test kit as of now. Not sure what my parameters are. It's a 57g with a 30g sump.

Andyv2004

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
not breathing hard, but I lost a couple of gallons of water 4-5 days ago and replaced it with fresh ro water? I am thinking that could have done it. Everything else is doing well except a blue/green chromis.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Even if you lost a couple of gallons of salt water and replenished with a few gallons of fresh in 90gallons shouldn't really effect fish much if their healthy, could be either shock from that and some kinda parasite or disease break out because of the stress thought?

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi guys, lost a clownfish and the other is just swimming along the glad. Blue chromis is acting the same way. They are not eating and its not like them. Yellow tang, coral banded shrimp and toadstool are fine. Only thing I did different was take protein skimmer out for a week for cleaning. I don't have a test kit as of now. Not sure what my parameters are. It's a 57g with a 30g sump.

If you're bioload is so light, don't think the skimmer out would make a difference either.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How many gallons did you replenish exactly or close guesstimate? If you haven't added fish, but did you added any other livestock? Inverts? if the fish swims funny, losing colors, and doesn't eat, it's normally a parasite or disease. You've also have missing or mutiples fish acting up. we're try to figure it out incase you lose more. Did you check your salinity since the water replenish?

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
How many gallons did you replenish exactly or close guesstimate? If you haven't added fish, but did you added any other livestock? Inverts? if the fish swims funny, losing colors, and doesn't eat, it's normally a parasite or disease. You've also have missing or mutiples fish acting up. we're try to figure it out incase you lose more. Did you check your salinity since the water replenish?
Agreed
Would suspect flukes but given the fish that are effected and not velvet and chromic disease seem suspect.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: