• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I bought a reeflo dart brand new last spring and within days noticed sm amount salt creep by shaft fast forward to last week and was getting worse and worse I figure I’ll change the seal on it ordered it 30$ for a tiny part
Swap it out beautiful working great for few days look this morning and more salt creep not happy at all

I don’t recommend these pumps gonna be looking into an Iwaki no desire to waste my sm amount of free time fiddling around with a pump last Iwaki pump I had 0 issues and it was used several yrs old all dented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Matt I’ve been using Darts,hybrid and golds for over 15 years they have a warranty and good customer service...They always lasted at least 3-4 years of continuous service before they needed service and the golds even longer, but there’s always the exception. Give them a call ...I have the info if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
162   0   0
I hear they always need maintance and when a seal goes from regular wear they leak that's how u k ow they need to be changed .I dont like that idea ..I have been using panworld for over 20 years now and never had a single issue they are workhorses .I will not change

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've liked and used both pumps. The Reeflo moves a lot of water for lower power use where the Iwaki/Pan World are pressure pumps that use a lot more power. Just to give you an idea as this was the reason I switched to the Dart from an Iwaki for my return pump, knowing I'd have to swap the seal every few years. Both pumps still required a yearly breakdown to clean the impeller.

At 6 feet of head pressure
Dart moves ~3000 GPH at 175W
Iwaki MD100 moves 1600 GPH at 408W
Pan World 1560GPH at 380W

I'd reach out to Reeflo, if the seal started leaking early they'll send you a new set for free under the warranty.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi Matt,

Not sure if this is to support as I've only contacted them via email but this number is on the parts invoice 719-231-2761.

Can you see where the water is coming from, the ceramic seal or the metal seat?

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I wouldn’t mind once a yr this thing already leaking 3 days after changing seal I’m in contact with reeflo going through did u do this did u do that then I’ll get sent all these parts to swap thing will prob still leak obviously it’s an issue with there pumps shame on me I guess for not researching it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixogom

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand your frustration with the Reeflo Dart's salt creep issue, especially after a recent seal replacement. There could be a few reasons for the persistence: maybe the new seal isn't seated perfectly, the impeller is worn despite the pump being new, or there's a rare crack in the housing itself.

Here's what you can try: first, meticulously check the new seal for any damage and ensure it's properly placed and have invoicing. You might find a helpful video guide online for replacing the specific Reeflo Dart seal. Second, since the pump is new, contact Reeflo customer support and explain the situation. They might offer warranty repairs or a replacement if a faulty component is found.

If troubleshooting the Reeflo proves unsuccessful, you can definitely explore the Iwaki pump as you prefer. Their reputation for reliability aligns with your experience with the older used Iwaki.

To avoid similar issues in the future, consider these tips: perform regular maintenance on your pump as instructed by the manufacturer, and keep spare seals on hand to minimize downtime if a leak occurs again.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: