ging

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wanting to get a bi-color blenny for my 60gal tank. I have 2 fire fish, 1 maroon clown and a flame angel. Have star polyp, pulsing xenia, mushroom, 2 bubble corals,plate coral and frogs spawn. Would this fish be ok for the tank ? I have done some reading but cannot find much on the Bi Color.
ging
icon_smile.gif

tetra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got lots of LPS and two firefishes, clowns, damsels, psuedo chromis, royal gramma, and of course bi-color blenny. Everyone is doing fine...not nibbling by the bi-color, had him almost a year now. The little bastard attacked me today when I was cleaning the tank. Other than that no big deal.

Jazzcat

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I got a bicolor blenny five days ago. He's adapted really well. Here's a tip to help reduce stress when you introduce this fish into your tank: create a cave for him to hide in. When my blenny was released, he spent a lot of time frantically looking for a cave, and really stressing out! I tried to fix this using different approaches: rearranging the LR to create a cave, sliding a pvc tube half into the substrate. None of this did it for him, but he did finally take refuge in the inactive powerhead. Guess he needed a tight fit to feel secure.

Now he's happy, active, and chowing down on nuisance algae (hooray!) I have an open brain, a bubble, shrooms, a feather duster, and a finger coral, but he's never shown any culinary interest in any of them. But then, he's got plenty of algae to eat right now.

Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are little bastards in my oppinion. don't get a brain or a clam if you get one. my buddies killed his clam and almost got the brain before he removed it. picked at everything. everyone of them have their own persanality but i would never get one

cool fish but very pesky

later
Lunchbucket

nick danger

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one make a very concerted effort to kill a large, beautiful, and expensive cynarina.

He was quite a wily little b@stard as well. Took me two weeks to catch him.

I say thumbs down if you want corals, especially big fleshy LPSs.

hectina

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked one up today. They are supposedly timid and droll. Within five minutes of being in the tank, a blue damsel(came with the tank)tried to attack him. The blenny bit the damsel several times. In fact the damsel is afraid of the little blenny, and won't get near it. If he kills the damsel or beats it into submisson, I'll post it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've had a bicolor blenny in my tank for quite some time and for awhile he was the only fish in it. about 3 weeks ago i introduced a yellowtail damsel and at first it was kind of intimidated by the bicolor but there was no real "fighting" as far as i could tell. they get along famously now.

M.E.Milz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bicolor blenny picked on my clams and a few of my sps corals. It did not appear to bother any of the softies, lps or other fish in the tank. I captured him and took him back to the LFS because he would not leave the clams alone. Odd thing was that he only appeared to bother the corceas, and not my derresa or maxima.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: