ujohnk

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all I have a fifty gallon tank which evaporates about 1 1/2 gallon a day. What would be best to top up with kalk or argamight? any ideas?

Tremelle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I top off with a kalk drip that I made myself. It cost me every bit of $14(US). All I used was a 5 gallon jug and a drip line purchased from a pharmacy.

Lefty1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I top off with Kalk and a similar system to Tremelle, except with a float switch and a air pump to presure the 5 gallon container and fill the tank.

RR
icon_biggrin.gif

jbjints1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I top off with Tap Water Purified water. I would like to top off with Kalk soon. Is kal the best top off?

Joe

Toadally1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I top off with kalk in a five gallon container. I have a small pump in the container that is connected to a auto top off switch. It works really well.

DeathWish302

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jbjints:

Kalkwasser (German for literally Calcium water) replenishes Calcium levels daily and maintains alkalinity. Prepare the solution as stated on the bottle, then drip slowly into the tank. No too fast, as it quickly raises the pH if done so. A pH monitor is very helpful here.

DW302

cerreta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a calcium reactor? If not, use kalk water with DI water for dosing. Is the tank acrylic? If so drill it to install a float switch (Kent makes one for $17.00) and gravity feed from a 5 gal jug. Another alternative would be to dose with a digital dosing pump. Just fill a 1000cc bag with solution, load the tubing through the pump, set the rate, hang the tubing over the tank and push go. You can acurately and slowly infuse anything! If you need a pump and bags sets, I'll sell you one. I have several, but please contact me for info since this is not the forum for sales. [email protected]
Cheers,
Scott

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: