Neal358

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been thinking about replasin my tf1000 with this skimmer. is it worth all the extra money because my tf1000 skimms very well bur if the euro-reff is that much better i would get it also what type of resaults are you euro-reef owners are geting??

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neal,

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
icon_smile.gif

Probably pissing off a few mail order companies
icon_biggrin.gif
, but if you're happy with your Turboflotor, there's absolutely no need to change. Time has taught me to avoid the "upgrade" bug when everything is running smoothly.

BTW, I own the Euroreef CS6-2. Works well for me ... like a great big Turboflotor
icon_smile.gif

HenTer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a euroreef skimmer on my 240 gallon tank right now and I do like it a lot. Once in a while I swap it with my bullet 2 skimmer, and just compare which one is better than the other. Well guess what, I like the performance of the euroreef compared to the bullet. This is just my opinion base on my experience between the 2 skimmers although both of them are excellent skimmers.

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good advice: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
icon_smile.gif
However, if you are looking to reduce your electric bill you could run the numbers on how much electricity each skimmer uses and see if there's any benefit there from replacing it with a Euro-Reef skimmer. From what I understand, the Euro-Reef's are more electrically efficient than some of the other skimmers that use beckett injectors or downdraft tubes. You could always approach it from a cost analysis point of view...

liquid

John@Carline

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euro-reef is worth the upgrade IMHO, or at least maybe one of turboflotors REAL products, like their "shorty" series, but I have never been too impressed with the 1000 from this company, a Euroreef or another Tflotor(shorty) would be worth the upgrade, but as said above if you got it dialed in and its doing the job, then not completely necessary, will they do a better job?? Probably but whether or not its worth the cvash will fall into your hand, take it from me, I got about a half dozen different high end skimmers now, still trying to figure out which is best!
icon_biggrin.gif

Jason Day

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look at lifereefs skimmer the vs3-24.

Does an excellent job and it's very flexible to use. Insump out sump where ever you want it.

It really pulls the gunk out. Jeff also makes an excellent sump

Jason

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff charges an exhorbent amount on some of his custom acrylic work, so only buy the mass manufactured products from him, unless you can't get acrylic work done locally.

I'm very scared to post this kinda thing in the GRD forum
icon_biggrin.gif

Neal, you might also want to consider just swapping the pump/impeller assembly. Contact Euro-reef and see if they have an affordable retrofit Sedra unit for the TF.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: