idua

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up new tank and I really don’t feel like making one myself so I have to buy one. I know that CPR, Lifereef and marinelifeaquatics make sumps but I wanted to ask everyone here which one is the best or maybe there is another manufacturer that I don’t know about. My space is somewhat limited so I wanted to order a custom made sump from lifereef but it takes along time to get one from them. My other pick was CPR but I wanted to get some feed back from people who use their sumps. Thanks.

Emperator

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not buy a pre-manufactured unit, rather I would make on myself. That way I can get exactly what I want for cheaper.
icon_smile.gif

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150G main tank. If I were to do it over again, I would actually get a 75 or 125G sump and partition it myself to make sure I have the partitions where I wanted it to be, and allows a big enough refugium at the same time.

Jeff Hood

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a custom lifereef sump. I have had no problems with it at all. I also like the float switch that mounts in along with the holes for the probes etc... If getting it custom I would have it designed as tall as possible to hold as much water as possible.

worth the wait.

Jeff
icon_smile.gif

idua

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, seem that you are the man I am looking for
icon_smile.gif
I would greatly appreciate if you could forward a picture or drawing of your sump as it looks like I will have order one from them since most of the others I looked at are not what I want. Thanks

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: idua ]

ATJ

Old Sea Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd buy a Rubbermaid container or similar. Cheap and they do the job - I have similar sumps on 3 of my tanks. Partiioning can be done easily using smaller containers.

Nostrathomas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try this it might be what your looking for?http://www.precisionmarine.com/body_index.hotmail look under production images.A very nice sump and they even list local dealers!

Jason Day

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had it to do all over again I would still get a lifereef only bigger. I got the 150 gallon ten years ago, wish I would have gotten the 200 gallon model since I'm upgrading my tank.

The quality of the lifereef is tops.

icon_smile.gif

Jason

murrayjim

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also went with the lifereef, still have a month or two before I get it but from what I've heard it will be worth the wait. Ordered mine last month, will be ready in late Sptember. You have to have patients and deep pockets if you want a lifereef sump...

ronjon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by idua:
<STRONG>Jeff, seem that you are the man I am looking for
icon_smile.gif
I would greatly appreciate if you could forward a picture or drawing of your sump as it looks like I will have order one from them since most of the others I looked at are not what I want. Thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

here's a couple of my sump. it's the lf-125

HTH,
fishsig.jpg

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: ronjon ]

idua

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent an email to Lifereef at the begining of the week but haven't heard from them yet. Does it usually take that long for them to respond?
icon_confused.gif

ronjon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah...he is usually punctual about retruning phone calls/email the day that he gets them. keep trying.

rj

ronjon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nostrathomas:
<STRONG>Does anyone know how I can get a hold of Lifereef?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
www.lifereef.com

murrayjim

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of Lifereef, how are the skimmers? I have an ETS now but was thinking about adding the 36" flanged skimmer to my order.

richr

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another pic of a LifeReef LF-200 in operation (on the bottom in the middle)
basementsump2.jpg

That's a LifeReef VS3-48 skimmer on the left.

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: richr ]

Jeff Hood

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump.jpg

Lg_Hood.jpg

This is my custon Lifereef sump with a custom self leveling designed protein skimmer of my design that I had Jeff build for me. The only adjustment on it it a ball valve on the intake that is only needed in break in or when using additives that cause excessive foaming. Most of the time the valve is wide open with my 3mdq little giant pump. Never needs adjustment and water level in the sump or pump output does not affect level.

Jeff

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: