ging

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went on vacation and came back to a new fish that my sister got. It is a flame angel. He is really picking on my plate coral, and is starting to damage it. Can I catch him tonight and put him in the sump or the back water flow for tonight and not hurt him until I can bring him to the LFS tomorow after work ??

ging
icon_smile.gif

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angels are well known for picking on corals. A lot of people banish things to their sump for the night, I don't have one. If you have a sick tank, then it can go there for the evening.

vulkum

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he will do fine in your sump as long as there is no mechanical equipment to hurt him. you could even take a little breeder tank or some fine mesh or cheese cloth and make a barrier for him in the main tank for the night.
vulkum
icon_eek.gif

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, depending on your conditions of your sump, etc.. that might be a good alternative. or call up a friend.

ging

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on how to catch him..... what a whip. I was nice for her to supprise me with the new fish, but ugggg.....

ging

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. plastic bag with food in it
2. spot feed and when it goes to eat in an open corner, scoop it up.
3. if desperate, move rock to a bucket, etc as needed.

maybe someone else would have more.. those three have worked for me.

ging

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info, will try that. Would it be ok to put my plate coral in the sump for now to help protect him. For some reason the angel is really going after him tonight.

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights are going to be off anyway... One of my girlfriends punched holes in a plastic bag and covered her coral with it. I'm not sure that this is the best tactic, but if you are really desperate.

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to thank your sister for her kindness in thought. I'm sure she didn't mean to cause you any problems and flames are really beautiful fish. Maybe you can pick out another fish together
icon_smile.gif

I hope it all works out well for you, I'll keep my fingers crossed tonight.

ging

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Quillen, I will do. She is a great sister and was only trying to suprise me as I have been really excited about the tank.
icon_smile.gif

ging
icon_smile.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: