Larry Grenier

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would they likely do OK if housed together in a 55? I've herd "sometimes OK, sometimes not". Any experiences pro or con?

I'm referring to cleaner and peppermint shrimp.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, they have been known to munch on ornamental shrimp. It may never happen in your case, it may happen within a few months or it might happen immediately. I wouldn't give you odds as all fish have their own personalities, quirks and tastes.

Regards,
David Mohr

trybka

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a six line and a peppermint shrimp in a 35 g.... They've been together for about three months now with no problems.... knock on wood.

Odd Ball

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my story:

100 gallon tank, lots of live rock, lots of
live sand, plenty of room to hide.

1 six line wrasse
2 skunk cleaner shrimp
0 peppermints

I've tried several times to introduce peppermints to no avail. Everytime I do, the six line makes a b line to it, and never lets up. Go figure...

I was going to try and introduce 3 at a time and see if that help'd any. I have not done so at this time. Still thinking about it.

Granted, this is just my exp. Maybe my six line was abused as a baby, not sure.

Later,
oddball

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a sixline wrasse with a cleaner, blood, and two peppermint shrimp in a 75 gallon for about 4 months now...no problems whatsoever. Haven't even seen the sixline make a pass at any of the shrimp.

Hope this helps...

Peace,

Chip

puffy123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
icon_wink.gif
I have a 6line with 2 cleaner shrimp in a 65 for over a year with no problems. I also have a spotted puffer with them with no problems at all.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: