percula

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again, ARC meeting was great! Thanks go out to Aquarium Showcase for being great hosts, and Jen for putting it all together! (Ill help out, just tell me what to do!
icon_smile.gif
) Thanks again!

*JD, where were you?*

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: percula ]

jdvalero

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by percula:
<STRONG>Once again, ARC meeting was great! Thanks go out to Aquarium Showcase for being great hosts, and Jan for putting it all together! (Ill help out, just tell me what to do!
icon_smile.gif
) Thanks again!

*JD, where were you?*</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shiat! I forgot! I got laid off today ...that's where I was!
Right after I came from Vacation....massive lay off at IBM
icon_mad.gif

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: jdvalero ]

myreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by percula:
<STRONG>I am/was the kid
icon_smile.gif
Hawiian shirt, sandals, etc..</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next time when you ride with me, don't dress like that. I thought Magnum was going to drive up in his Ferrari! LMAO just kidding
icon_razz.gif

Was a good meeting. Rob the acro frags have already turned purple.
icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for the trade!

Rick O

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<STRONG>I am/was the kid
icon_smile.gif
Hawiian shirt, sandals, etc..</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris, You don't look your age. When I first met you my immediate thoughts were "I thought he was younger".

I had a good time last night. It's always nice to meet new people. I hope you guys will drive to Marietta to see my hunble setup.

Rick

percula

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the ummm complement Rick...
icon_smile.gif
Then again, half the time, I cant remember how old I am.
icon_cool.gif
sooo funny, anyways, have you figured it out about availability for the next meeting? Later!

Rick O

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to host the next meeting although I haven't confirmed this with Jenn. I can only do it while school's out so August is my last chance. If I do host it maybe we can do the reefing flea market thing. For sure we'll trade some frags.

Rick

Kalkbreath

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also , I need your help out there in org.land, Should i have booths like Mcdonalds. or tables like Starbucks? I am leaning twards the booths ,for the comfort and the privacy between parties, yet tables and chairs will be able to be moved around into different configurations Like a meeting of one sort or another?{ or reef orgies} If the booths are used, one would most likely have to turn sideways to veiw a speaker or big screen tv at a meeting? But the booths will be nice to sit in and relax with your friends { ice cream and coffee} the rest of the time? Please advise, your humble servant sir Kalkbreath....

myreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalk, have a couple of booths against a wall and have a few tables and chairs. Best of both worlds. Of course, if the configuration won't handle it, then nevermind. LOL And yes, the October meeting at your place sounds good to me!

percula

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed w/ andy, few booths, more tables... back on total subject, noboby can claim september! Me, me, me... unless my grades are fried, but hey im smart... most of the time.
icon_cool.gif
I reall ylike that lil guy now... cool
icon_cool.gif

Rick O

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Kalk,

Don't most coffee shops open early and stay open late? It would be nice to have a LFS that opens before noon.

BTW. Were you at the ARC meeting Tuesday night? As far as I know no one knows you.

Rick

Kalkbreath

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have not been to any of the meetings. I have kept a low profile to inable me to infiltrate the enemy {LFS's} and learn as much as possible from their mistakes and successes. {I am serious} I have learned much from this interaction with other lfs owners and employees. I shal TRULY miss some of the relationnships I have made over the years as a customer in these stores, that is if things change once i open a copeting store? I have been told by some that thing should not change just because i am openimg a store, but i see how store owners talk about other owners and i fear i will be no different? But perhaps sir Kalkbreath will be different? How many store owners even care to check in to message boards like www.reef.org ? Dolphin and Jen from TRS are but a few,in Atlanta!{ even in the whole Nation}And thats something to respect about them.......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: