ac

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody know of any good lfs in miami or surrounding area ? or any good maintenance business in that area.
icon_eek.gif

Litoria

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two best are Strictly Fish and Gables Aquarium. The owners are good friends. George owns Gables, its a small store but has really nice corals (305) 662-7300. Stricty is larger, ask for Louis, they have great rock and lots of corals to pick from (305) 227-9414. Tell them I sent you. Both stores have two trucks apiece that do maintainance full time. Last I heard, Gables had over 300 accounts. Another store that is good is Exotic Aquaria, they are a little rude, but they have a large selection of fish.

leclaire

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was down there(from Tallahassee) this past weekend. I went to both Exotic Aquaria and Strictly fish. Both stores were great, lots fish at Exotic Aquaria. I got a great open brain at strictly fish for 35 bucks.

gr_reefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was just down in miami this past week and went to a few places down there. the first was some place off of 826 and like 56th ave in a strip mall. this place was pretty aweful, i could tell the fish there we not very healthy, and there was a picasso trigger in a 5 gal bucket that was about 4" long and i dont even think there was an inch of water in the bottom. i felt so sorry for it, as i was going to dump him back into an aquarium myself. and the "cured" live rock was definately not cured. the other place was like a litte west of aventura right off of I-95 in another strip mall kinda place, and it was ok but there wasnt much selection. i was really diappointed since i thought that there would be some really kick butt places, but i didnt have much time to get around to the places, and i guess i picked all the WRONG ones. jm

kaotica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is also one store way down south called exectuive aquarium that's not too bad, look it up on switchboard.com

Mike&Pam

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Miami and have almost been to every store in my area. I just went to Strictly Fish this past weekend for the first time and got some live rock. It seems to be a great store with reasonable prices and a good staff. Gables Aquarium is one I go to more often because it is closer. George is a nice guy and seems to really know what he's talking about. All I can say is I have no complaints about these places unlike other places that I would seriously advise people to stay away from. But those two places are good and Aquarium Depot is another decent one with good stock and reasonable prices (Town and Country Mall). Good luck.

Mike

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: