• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

tmncali

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone ever try/or use this skimmer?

The Beast's multi-chamber, multi-pass, venturi design totally "devours" dissolved organics in your tank for sparkling clear water! It's unusually low profile also allows convenient placement under almost any stand, and the output returns directly into your wet/dry's sump. The Beast's massive size tackles up to a hefty 300 gallons, and it runs best with a 500-700 g.p.h. water pump (not included). 51/4" dia. x 23" H.
Mfgr: D & D Marine Enterprises

Thanks

Tony

tmncali

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok people how about the berlin xl? itll be on a 140 gal, looking to possibly have 2 mag 12's running circ. if so, could i tie into one of those pumps lines to feed the berlin or would i need another pump. also could i be able to some day add a calc reactor to the other pump.. ie one item on each pump?

thanks

tony

Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a Titan from D&D for about 8 months now and im allready on my third fraxination chamber. The first leaked, the second one the ball vlave cloged up with crap, and im glad to say the thrid one is working fine, for the moment at least. I have had this skimmer over flow on me a couple of times and the ammount of bubbles released back into the system is abominable. Not only that, but the attachment that they sell to releave this problem cannot be gaurunteed for overflowing. Basicaly it will need cleaning every day to ensure against this. D&D's uk sales man are constantly coming against problem customers and i have yet to meet someone willing to praise these skimmers. The next skimmer im going to buy will be the Deltec AP703, now that really will pulverize protien. The beast is im afraid a beast, save money and buy a decent one. Im of the opinion now that if its under £500 then its not worth having. Skimmers are like HIFI's the cheap ones make foam, but if you really want performance you have to go into the big leage, and pay big money. Its the backbone of allmost all reef systems. If the water qualitys crap then your other peices of eqipment may as well be redundant.
icon_biggrin.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: