• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW
A

Anonymous

Will a peppermint shrimp and a cleaner shrimp coexist in a tank? Anyone have both of these in their tank?

A

Anonymous

I have a pair of each in my 155. The cleaners are out during the day and the peppermints during the night. I think they are very compatible.

A

Anonymous

Sure you can just make sure that there's plenty of food to scavenge for as peppermints ( which are also cleaners in the wild ) are known to go after polyps and have been reported to go after snails if starved.

Regards,
David Mohr

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got two common cleaners and one peppermint in my tank. The cleaners don't hang out with the pep, but they otherwise appear to be compatible.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your replies. Odd though as my pep is out all day and part of the night. There is never a shortage of food for them to scavenge as I have a small anthia that I feed twice a day. They are always around to get the missed chunks. Thanks again

Dawlfandav

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took home a skunk cleaner and pep shrimp. They are fine except when feeding time. If the cleaner gets to close to the peppermint shrimp, he will take food right from his grips and chase him away. Other than that they both pretty much stay on oppisite sides of the tank.
55gal.

Doughboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two cleaners and one pepermint in a 46 g. I don't think they know each other exists. The cleaners by day and the pepermint by night.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two peppermints, one cleaner, and one blood shrimp in my 75 gallon reef...all get along no problem.

As stated above, cleaner and blood active during the day, peppermints during the night.

Peace,

Chip

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: