TooBad

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went on vacation over on July 4th. Came back on the 7th and didn't see my powder blue tang! It was gone! Looked on the floor, nothing. There were only a couple of spots it could completely hide and it wasn't there. I double checked my skimmer to see it it was overflowing but it wasn't. Since I couldn't see a body, it just didn't make sense. I peeled off the tape from the plastic background to get a better look along the back. Sad to say I saw the skeleton. Just the skull and the spine. Not a piece of flesh on it. I was suprise that the body would be gone so quick. It's a 72 Bow. It's go a blue damsel, two green chromis, tomato clown, sea anenome, young naso tang, foxface and a bicolored blennie.
There is a bristle worm that came on with some of the live rock but to pick a decent size tang clean in 4 days? Everything was fine when I left. It was the biggest fisn in the tank. Any ideas?
icon_eek.gif

naesco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
72gallon??
Yes, likely stress.

Your tank is too small for one tang let alone two.
Tangs need swimming room which a 72gal does not provide them with.
In addition Powder Blue Tang tend to be on the finicky side anyway and should be avoided unless you have a large tank, pristine water and lots of algae to eat.

Sardaukar

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree....personaly, i would not put a tang in a tank less than 6 feet, maybe a 4ft tank if it was uncrowded.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: