percula

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering... Ill be up there in a few days, wont get to stop by or anything. Just wanted to know if this was an area with an esablished Reef Store or any Reefers at all... Thanks and later! - perc

imow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey... Im from Derby, which is just outside N. Haven. Theres a somewhat 'decent' store in Shelton, about 20 min. from N Haven called Marine Imports. There was a good store in the area, but the owner tragically died and I do not believe it was ever re-opened. I wish paragon Aquatics was closer to N Haven

Ken

swreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wholesaler who used to supply Charlies store just opened a retail place on the Post Road in Milford. It's called Coral Reef Imports. Just down the road from where Charlies place used to be. It is in the shopping center with the Carvel.
The owner of Marine Imports in Shelton is quitting his other job to devote full time to the store. We'll see how it goes.

myreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, if you go to the store in Shelton, say hello to my brother! He lives in Shelton. Small world!

swreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ken,
I have been there twice so far. The owner is a little odd but he has nice stuff. I picked up some Tonga Blue shrooms for $30. Well worth it. They covered the piece of branch. His prices seem to be very good and it is a clean place with nice tanks. I still miss Charlies place but this one's not to bad. We'll see what it looks like in 6 months.

Joe_B

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ya'll
I'm in Milford.... It would be cool to take a roll call, of who's in CT. I'm always looking for folks to trade with. I have two types of Xenia if anyone is interested. Also fragging some of my SPS. I have heard a rumor that an area store may start wholesaling to the public. It may be marine fish only but might inclide blue legs and Astreas.

Joe_B

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ya'll
I'm in Milford.... It would be cool to take a roll call, of who's in CT. I'm always looking for folks to trade with. I have two types of Xenia if anyone is interested. Also fragging some of my SPS. I have heard a rumor that an area store may start wholesaling to the public. It may be marine fish only but might inclide blue legs and Astreas.

Percula what brings you up our way?

opps!!!!!! Sorry about that!

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: Joe_B ]

percula

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im coming up from atlanta. I figured out how to save my reef from college, 1. buy a building, 2.Buy an aquacontroller, 3. setup in dorm room ...
icon_biggrin.gif
, who would notice a 58 G aquarium anyways? lol owell... anyways denis where are you from? Any good stores around you?

Joe_B

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goodmorning,
Steve I have lost your email address.....very bad Monday this week. The story with CRI is a rather strange tale best told at another time. I have learned much from my dealings there. The story about being a wholesaler is only partially true and I would take any information gained with a grain of salt! Ever wonder why none of the staff from Charlie's store hang out at the new store?

imow- I have elongata and creeping, both pulse in my system and have been captive for close to ten years. The SPS corals are another story, I have about seven different corals still working on proper ID.

Later,
Joe_B.
[email protected]

mr_exciting

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
percula: Coming up/down to visit Yale?
icon_smile.gif

I'd have a reef if I didn't have/want to leave in a year. You don't know how hard it is to resist...oh well.
icon_smile.gif

Dennis

mr_exciting

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perc: I go to the fine institution that is Yale. I'm in grad school tho, so my living arrangements are more flexible than if you're in a dorm. I have heard of people having reefs in their undergrad dorms, but since there is no A/C afaik, that could be trouble.

I think a number of people have mentioned reef stores in the area. I went to one in Naugatuk...run by some seedy fat man. Ugh. Hellish place.

Dennis

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: