A

Anonymous

Can this even be done? I have a bubbletip I'd like to remove from my 75gal and put into a 6gal nano. It's wedged into a small crevice, and I'm not sure I can get to the foot...

Thanks in advance for any advice/tips...

Peace,

Chip

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: marillion ]

Neal358

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hade to move mine also amenones will go to the light so what i did was tun the rock so the anemone is away fom the light it will start to mover around the rock and back to the ligh this should bring him out of the crevis at theis time you can SLOWLY and GENTLY starting from one are peel the bbt of the rock i hade a small one and when i have to move him it takes about 5 minets for me to move him if you do it slow enough he should be fime just take your time (i have hade tom move mine about 4 times in the past eyar he is still doing great just go slow and dont tair anything and the anemone and you will be good to go)

Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont remove them from the rocks at any cost, beleve me you will have to have had allot of expirience moving anenomies to do this, and even then i would consider it foolish. Point a powerhead at the little guy and make him uncomfortable enough to move, then swipe him off the glass. Or you could try shading that part of the tank from the light with a cover. Its easy to piss them off to get them to move, you just need a little patience.
icon_wink.gif

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Mouse--if you try to peel him off, you risk tearing his foot. Damaged foot=dead anemone.

Mouse has a tried and true method--direct a fairly brisk stream of water at the edge of his foot and he should detach. I'm not sure how long this takes, but I know it works wonderfully. You might try using the turkey-baster method first and if that doesn't work fast enough, use the powerhead approach.

lil_ol_me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope someone can answer you soon, because I'm having the same problem!! My anemone has eaten 3 anthias and 2 cardinals in the last week. I'm to the point of taking a razor blade to it.
icon_mad.gif

Sorry for not helping, Dave.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although it wedges into a crevice, it is almost always attached to one rock. By far the best thing to do is to move the rock with the anemone. Otherwise VERY slowly peel it off. I would do everything I could to avoid having to do that, though. Also, I think you will find a six gallon nano is way too small. I have one in a 10 gal nano and it is not thriving.

spectral_ranger

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had to move mine fast (someone there to pick it up), I ended up very carefully chiseling off the part of the rock he was attached to.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wholeheartedly agree that an anemone should not be moved w/o it's rock,unless you are successful with the powerhead attempt. Many times the damage will not heal correctly or heal at all. Ice has been tossed around this forum,but has not beeen used enough to know the long term affects on an anemones foot.

Better look out Dave I think you maybe next on the menu.Hehehehehe!!!

GL

Dan

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: