sawcjack00

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give kudos to Andy AKA Myreef. I received my protein skimmer from him on Friday, and it is up and running and foaming like crazy. It is a great looking piece of equipment. Very well constructed, and is a major step up from my Berlin Turbo. I have since ordered a 12" extension from Andy which should make it even better (overall height will be 36"). Andy's customer service has been outstanding as he has promptly answered all of my many questions. If you're in the market for a Beckett injected skimmer in the mode of a Bullet skimmer, but at much less cost, contact Myreef. You won't be sorry.
icon_biggrin.gif

chart

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is good news! i have been considering getting Andy to make up a skimmer for my tank setup. the skimmer i'm considering is the dual injector large model...andy says it's rated for about 550 gallons. i plan on having a 125, 220, 45, and a 150 sump all plumbed together. i may be cutting it a little bit close.

can you give us some information about your setup?

Nathan1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the dual chamber calcium reactor from Andy (Myreef). I'm getting it this Wednesday. I'll post pics when it arrives.

I agree, great service and he's pleasant to deal with. I'm excited to get this reactor up and running.

-Nathan

sawcjack00

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My setup is a 125. I have a few softies a couple of LPS and some SPS, a T Maxima, and a sebae anenome all of which are doing great. my lighting is 2 175W 10,000K MH, 1 250W 6500K MH and 2 160W VHO actinic (I'm planning on upgrading the 175W MH to 400W MH in the next couple of months). I have a Coralhound dual chamber calcium reactor, and the Myreef medium skimmer with one injector. As mentioned, I'm adding the extension which will actually make it larger than the large version at 36" the reason I went with the medium instead of the large was that at the time it was going under my stand. I have since begun the process of moving my sump to the basement which gives me basically unlimited room. I like the idea of the dual injector, but I don't think I need it on my 125. Sounds great for what your thinking of.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nathan:
<STRONG>...and he's pleasant to deal with...
-Nathan</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahhaha

icon_wink.gif
Just teasin'

fish tales

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my skimmer from Andy this weekend also. Its working great . And it looks damn good
icon_biggrin.gif
I have yet to see anybody that is as prompt to answer your questions or give info . Highly recomend him.
Jeff
attachment.php

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: fish tales ]

Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MORE PICS!

MORE PICS!!

MORE PICS!!!!!!!

please
icon_biggrin.gif

i have just discussed diy and skimmer things w/ him and he is always prompt on returning emails, always friendly, and always helpfull!!! if i ever upgrade my tank or think i need a bigger skimmer he will get my bussiness!!

later
Lunchbucket

percula

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TG - get your mind out of the gutter... lol
icon_cool.gif

"Mr.fastfingers" or whatever rick said is very very slow today... I guess he setting up the chiller?

JG

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andy is a great guy. Very helpful, great servive...really can't go wrong with him. I have his DIY skimmer and it extremely well made. I highly recommend him
icon_smile.gif

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a beautiful piece of machinery. I may sound like too much of a scientist saying that, but I will look into them when I get a bigger tank
icon_smile.gif

chart

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice pics! sounds like i can't go wrong with the skimmer i've been considering. it's also great to hear all the positive feedback...we need more people like Andy involved with the message board.

myreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the compliments everyone. It is very humbling to read things about you or your equipment. Glad everyone is happy!
icon_biggrin.gif

jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture of the Precision Marine Bullet2. I think it's a nice skimmer.

blt22.JPG

Here's a quote from the Precision Marine website:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>It isn't often I get a chance to thank all of the terrific Precision Marine customers out there. While companies may come and go, I would like our customers to know how commited we are to being here when we are needed.

As hard as this may be for some to believe, this business is not a part-time job or a hobby. The livelihood of myself and others depend on it, and the staff here take the product we produce very seriously.

There is much thought & effort involved in producing significant quantities of quality products consistently. As a fabricator, filter designer and every other grunt job I do here, it is the most rewarding work I've done in my 38 years.

Sooooo, thank you for your past and continued support from the entire Precision Marine family!

Mike <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: jamesw ]

old aquarist

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interestingly enough.. one would think that the building and selling of a product that was in every obvious way a clone of another product would be illegal... unless the bullet skimmer has no patent.

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James--based on your post on the previous thread about skimmers (the one started by John@Carline that turned into a flame-fest), and this post now, I'm starting to believe that you have it in for Andy for something.

Why do you find it necessary to add such a negative post to this thread? Andy builds quality skimmers. If he can do it more efficiently and for a better price than PM, then more power to him. (Do you actually think the PM pulled this design out of thin air? It's probably based on the work that someone else did in the past and I don't see them giving anyone else credit for it...)

I'd be very curious to know why you seem to be trying to turn this enjoyable thread into a flame, and why you feel compelled to throw sand in Andy's eyes every time the opportunity presents itself?

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gee, it is also funny how "old aquarist" happened upon this thread and completed James' "dirty work" for him, just in time. The language in old aquarist's post sounds almost identical to what James said in the post on the Carline thread.

C'mon guys, get a grip.

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course they're not the same. James wouldn't be dumb enough to directly disparage someone else's business on the board, since he's learned from the Carline skimmer thread that as an administrator, such posts could potentially cause legal troubles for the board. That doesn't mean he couldn't get one of his other buddies to do his dirty work for him. I mean, the language of old aquarists' post was almost identical to what James said before.

At any rate, it just seems very coincidental. I'd never be able to prove anything, but it sure seems fishy.

FMarini

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay...here we go again....
There are No patents on these skimmers. If anything the becketthead company could have some sort of use patent on incorporating their spray head into a skimmer.

Actually Mike did create the final design. If i recall correctly, the premise was based on a downdraft unit MTS created, however, the final look, and optimaztion(including the use of the beckett) is mike's.
for what its worth
frank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: