leeks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
icon_confused.gif
I have a brown with blue spots mushroom rock. I have had for 9 months and now the mushrooms are translucent. they are all the same size. But all the color is gone. All my other corals are just fine. can somebody tell me what wrong.

reefhope

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
leeks

I have same problem with my brown mushrooms. Unfortunately I can't tell you whats wrong-no one has been able to solve my problem. All other corals are fine, it drives me nuts....shrooms are supposed to be the easiest corals to keep and after 16 months my shrooms have only reproduced 2 or 3 new shrooms. Keep posted if you figure it out

Thanks

Styk33

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this happen to two of my reddish shrooms. They are the only two that are in the direct light and not under something. I have no idea why mine do it, but it seems to be related to light. I have moved mine out of the light, but no change since then (1 week).

They at least look different, but they do not reproduce like the other shrooms from the same colony.
icon_sad.gif

randy holmes-farley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two circumstances in which mushrooms lack pigment (turn translucent).

The first is under poor light. In fact, at any given point in time, some of them in my tank are translucent when they are mostly shaded by something else.

The second is when the iodate levels get too high. A few years ago I experimented with dosing iodate to the tank. Over time the levels built up to far above NSW levels, and one of the effects was for my blue (purple) mushrooms to turn translucent. When I allowed the levels to drop, the color returned.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: