0   0   0
Only one month til MACNA in Baltimore....who will be there? I will
icon_biggrin.gif

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt,

You know of any good plans for a simple telescope? Those scopes are *awesome*!
icon_smile.gif
I've always wanted to have a decent sized scope that I could put on my second story airing porch to look up at the sky at night but the commercial ones are too expensive. We used a Dobsonian scope at college during my astronomy classes and it was *very* kewl. I'd love to build something like that or smaller because of space constraints.
icon_smile.gif

Any thoughts?

liquid

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: LiquidShaneo ]

myreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MattM:
<STRONG>

Do you think we could get any more off-topic?
icon_smile.gif
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not!
icon_razz.gif
It's all good...keeps it at the top anyway. Anyone else?

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MattM:

Do you think we could get any more off-topic? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, sorry Myreef!
icon_smile.gif
I just saw that and had to respond somehow...
icon_wink.gif

I won't be attending MACNA this year. I wanted to but I won't be able to as I will be traveling to NC for my job that weekend...

liquid

Laurie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bet I'll be there! I'm looking forward to meeting all the friends I've "met" on line.

Everybody should put their board name on their name tags right under their real name. I did that at another conference last year and I met a lot more people than I probably would have otherwise. Board members recognized The Fishwife's name.
icon_biggrin.gif

Also, if you have a reefs.org or reefcentral shirt, wear it one day. I'm there to learn but I'm also there to get to know you guys in person.

BTW, I drive past the Inner Harbor each day on my way to work and Baltimore is doing something special just for MACNA! There are beautiful fish sculptures everywhere you look. OK, so it's not really for us but it is very cool! They are large and all painted by different local artists. Each one is unique. My personal favorite is in front of the University of Maryland Hospital. You can see it as you are leaving the city. It is a fish wearing a mortarboard. Look for them, I think you'll really enjoy them.

Oh yeah, if you have time - the seahorse exhibit is at the National Aquarium.

Laurie AKA Fishwife

Rob Klein

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Laurie:
<STRONG>BTW, I drive past the Inner Harbor each day on my way to work and Baltimore is doing something special just for MACNA! There are beautiful fish sculptures everywhere you look. OK, so it's not really for us but it is very cool! They are large and all painted by different local artists. Each one is unique. My personal favorite is in front of the University of Maryland Hospital. You can see it as you are leaving the city. It is a fish wearing a mortarboard. Look for them, I think you'll really enjoy them.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are all these fish for anyway? We have one in front of our building.

myreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is $60 per day if you do not go to the banquet. I have never been before, so I am really looking forward to it. If you live in Baltimore, you should at least come on Saturday or Sunday. For more info.... http://www.masna.org/M13/

reeferguy1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be there with my better half as will a few others from the DFWMAS.We are really getting pumped up for this one,but we cant wait for next years.You will all have to come to TEXAS.yeeehaaa!!!!!!!!!!! MACNA is a little pricey but it is well worth every penny.You get to rub elbows with some of the big names in the hobby,and maybe have the chance to ask them a few ?'s.There are a load of vendors there selling goods & livestock at a good price,as well as showing some of the new products on the market.
We are going to move our store in the next few months and we are relly going to make it the store that everyone leaves Texas talking about.Luckily we are only a few min.'s away from where MACNA will be next year.
But anyway hope to see alot of yall there.I like the ideal of putting our posting name on our name tags.
See Ya there
reeferguy
The World Down Under

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: