drwwalker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to leave for school and I dont know what to do with my fish let my Mom take care of them or give to LFS where I think they will die for sure. My Mom took care of my freshwater tanks good. And I dont really want to give them away I love them didn't know I got so attach
icon_confused.gif

rBeOeBf

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I left my fish behind in my Mom's care when I went to school. It was a fish only tank, so the most important things she had to do were to maintain the water level, and feed the fish. I was close enough to come home about once a month to clean the filters and fix anything that was out of wack. Unless your LFS is top notch, I'd think it could be more stressful to send them there. Good luck.

Bob

olgakurt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly because of school, but my tank was up for 10 years prior to moving a year ago. We were going to be out of permanent housing several weeks. I decided to give (not sell) everything live away to other reef keepers (including a 10 year old fish) I knew could take care of them. As difficult as it may be, that is the best option IMO. You'll feel more confident that they are being cared for as best as could be expected. After the move, I set the tank up again.

percula

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, what Im going to do is buy an aquacontroller to page me, maybe email if I could get a program for that... that and teach my parents and friends how to take care of it, maybe have a local reefer come and check up on it randomly... but I have another year to do all that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: