jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gee, Matt, picking on all my posts today...

I wasn't suggesting that he sells good corals--just pointing out a fact regarding his ratings. Note that I'm the one that first pointed out on the thread that his goniopora "flower pot" rock was sickening...

br1200

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ebay does not act , the easy way is to give the guy bad ratings without buying anything.

Just register on ebay and then go and give him bad rating.

--Arnon

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
br1200,

can't do it. You can only leave ratings for a person with whom you've transacted with.

Besides, it's unethical. Combating one wrong with another.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdeets:
<STRONG>Gee, Matt, picking on all my posts today...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coincidence, I assure you.
icon_smile.gif

This is really me (MattM), but I'm posting from my store and Tom (MickAv8r) is signed on...

Mathew Marulla
Inland Reef Aquaria
Nashua, NH

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: MickAv8r ]

SnoopDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you believe it ! You cannot sell body parts on e-bay, not even animals. Here read <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Internal organs of animals (e.g., bear gall bladders) may not be listed on eBay.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>. What were they thinking ?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SnoopDog:
<STRONG>Can you believe it ! You cannot sell body parts on e-bay, not even animals. Here read . What were they thinking ?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did this in response to people selling their eggs and kidneys. It really happened and caused quite a stir. So they banned it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eBay has a very hypocritical policy. I've always argued plenty with them but they won't hear me.

1) they don't allow animals

2) corals are animals

3) the exception to animals is they do allow marine fish and plants

4) still not a coral (fish and plant?)

5) by these rules they should not allow corals.

Yet, they do..

Alas,
icon_sad.gif

blue jaw

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might can not give the guy a bad rating, but you CAN email the the poor guy buying that gonipora and let him know that he's getting ripped off... Just a suggestion!
icon_biggrin.gif

SnoopDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just shows you that people will sell and do anything for money. More on the point though, I cannot say that I have ever seen a coral on E-Bay that I would buy. They usually look really poor and the pictures are horrible. I do buy other things from E-Bay and so far have had really good luck and saved some money.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jnasty31

I don't think it's quite fair comparing this fella with Steve Tyree. Tyree may call just about everything rare or "show," but he most definately does not try to pass off dead/dying animals as desirable. That's a huge difference, in my book. Steve's a good-hearted individual, trying to make a responsible sale (if you're unaware, it's not an easy livelihood).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: