LINK

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a 3-175 MH & 2-96W PC Retro Kit for a 180 Gallon, What are some MO places with good prices and CS. Also any thoughts on weather this will be sufficient Lighting (along with my current 2-55W PC lighting)

Vinman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hamilton Technologies has good stuff although might be pricey! I bought from them only because I live about 4 miles away and if I have a problem or need supplies I can pretty much get same day service.
www.hamiltontechnology.com

NMReef

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered all of my lighting from premium aquatics.....very competative prices and top quality customer service(to me that alone is worth a few bucks)........

srbayless

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

Since you are on the other side of the Mason Dixon, go for a company out your way. I believe Champion is out your way (I could be wrong).

Anyway, go with 400w Mh instead of 175w. On a tank that deep (assuming it's 24" deep like mine), you will want the extra brightness of the 400w.

Going with 400w might be more expensive now, but it is worth it. I have never heard anyone on this board complain that their lighting was too bright or too strong. Spend the extra moola now, not later on when you want to upgrade.

Good luck,

Scott.

pez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a 180, I'd definately recommend 400 watt MHs. Maybe 3 6500 with 4 96watt PC with true actinic lamps. I got all of my stuff from Premium Aquatics. I'd highly recommend them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: