• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

srbayless

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

There are quite a few people using them with success, I am not one of them though. I had one a few years back, and I was really excited because my City's water quality is horrible.

I got it setup OK and started to run water through it. My water quality is soooo bad, I got less than 50 gallons before the resin totally changed color.

I think the unit is good for people with decent water quality, like you. I would not recommend it to anyone with L.A. quality water, they will have to replace the resin too often and make the whole ordeal too expensive. With poor water quality, your much better off getting a complete RO.DI unit.

Scott.

JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott covered most of the points, but I would add if you have modest water needs - like a 30 gallon tank - the TWP may work very well for you.

I started out with a TWP and later got a 3-stage Dolphin RO unit from AquaFX. You can always hook up the TWP to the output of the RO unit.

In closing, it really depends on your water quality and the amount of water you need.

HTH

Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have one but i run it after my ro unit so i have di then!! works good takes out the needed stuff that my ro doesn't. my ppm was like 150 then run it throught the twp and it is like 0-5. workes great for my use

later
Lunchbucket

JeffH

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Sounds like it may work and I can then grow into an RO on the frontside.
Thanks Again.

JeffH

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used or heard of success using Aquarium Pharmecuticals Tap Water Purifier. I have pretty good quality tap water and was wondering if this is a good solution for top off water?

TIA
Jeff

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: