A

Anonymous

It sounds like you have the sarcophyton in the proper lighting and current. It's probably just acclimating to your tank conditions and this sometimes takes a week or more with some specimins. 3-4 days is just not enough time in my opinion. It could also just be going through a normal rest period where it will shed a thin film after a few more days and then open up fully.

-- Tom Phillips

Checkout My Algae Control Article
<font size=+1>[<a href="http://www.intltradeinstitute.com/reef.html">Creative Reefs</a>]</font>

A

Anonymous

HI everyone,
Recently I acquired a sarcophyton glaucum. The first two days in my tank the polyps opened moderately but the last two they haven't opened at all.My water quality is very good but I was unsure of how much light they need. I have 440 watts of vho light with two daylight and two actinic. I placed it about 1\3 up and off to the side in my 50 long tank. According to "the reef aquarium" they are supposed to like bright light and gentle current. For some reason mine apparently doesn't. Or possibly it is going to take a while to acclimate. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tim D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: