cyork

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in getting an anemone and would like some info from anyone who has one for their false percula. I have heard that the condylictus is a good anemone but doesn't often host the false percs?
I have seen some bubble tip anemone's at my lfs, is that a good choice.

My tank has been up and running for 3 months and the water parameters are good - ph 8.2, ammon 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5-10 and dkh 12-13.

Thanks!

Jolieve

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bta's are a good choice for first time anemone keepers. That said, anemones are not easy critters to keep. I wouldn't recommend adding one until your tank is at least a year old.

For the first year, your system is still aging. Think of your water chemistry like a bottle of good wine. The older it is, the better it is. Anemones need that perfect water chemistry and they need it to be stable. They also require a good amount of light to help them survive, as well as target feeding.

All of this amounts to a lot of work, and a lot of expense, for a first time reefkeeper. I would research them thoroughly before seriously considering one.

Good luck, hope this has helped some.
J.

cyork

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jolieve, that is good information - I had a friend who got an anemone after 3 months and he died w/in 2 weeks :cry: The anemone will be a good thing to wait on then. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check some old posts here on anemones and study the do's and don'ts that we have posted here in the past. I also agree that an aquarium should be aged at least 8 mos to a year before adding an anemone. Plus, you could use the extra experience.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: