• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Has a planted SW tank ever been a featured aquarium? I tried to look through the last few ones, but I can't seem to find a list with all of them. Can someone who has been here a bit remember one?

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, a planted SW tank has never to my knowledge been a Featured Aquarium in Advanced Aquarist.

Shane

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aerosmith":1kspikkk said:
Has a planted SW tank ever been a featured aquarium? I tried to look through the last few ones, but I can't seem to find a list with all of them. Can someone who has been here a bit remember one?

Send us one and we will feature it if it's good.

FragMaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know where a partialy planted reef is. ( Local LFS)
I will get some pics if they still have the plants. ( been a couple years).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I send it?

Attachments

• 100_1107.jpg
    100_1107.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 14,612
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you guys can give me some pointers to make it worthy?

Attachments

• 100_1094.jpg
    100_1094.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 14,607
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm afraid to add too many inverts to keep the "planted" theme! Maybe a large toadstool leather right in the middle, just a bit off center?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, the one I have is a bit more pink...

What about a green sinularia?

FragMaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even better ! :)
I apologize ! Idid not notice the mushrooms onthe left side of your tank until just now. LOL!!! ( IE needs more coral)
All that jumped out at me were the tubastrea's LOL!!

Yeah a green sinularia would look exceptionaly nice just behind that little penensula with the red macro on the tip ( just left of dead center in the foreground). Got any other small corals?
I think a small polyp rock or to well placed would look nice as wel.

Its your tank though man I personaly love it the way it is!
Dont let my ideas potentialy muck up your fine work in there.
The question was only if any one has ever produced a planted marine tank :). Yours is definately planted. It definately took a lot of hard work, and placement to make it look that nice. ;)
Post some more sectional pics of it so we can see whole tank closer if you wouldnt mind.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not only did this not make the cut for Featured Aquarium but featured aquariums themselves have been cut altogether eh??? :?

What gives?

And FWIW, I'd like to see this planted tank featured too.

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wade takes care of all of our FA's for the magazine. Not sure why this never got forwarded to him...

FWIW, we seem to have interest from people about featuring their tanks in the magazine, but actually getting the manuscripts back from them along w/ photos doesn't always seem to pan out.

[email protected] is the address for FA submissions.

Shane

wade1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We haven't cut anything from the magazine, rather we've had very little interest in FA submissions. I've messaged/mailed a few people recently who have not responded, so we're running very shy on feature tanks.

If anyone sees or knows of a tank worthy of being featured, please forward them to me or let me know!

Wade

PS- Aerosmith you have a message. :)

wade1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the contrary, You did it! :)

Thank you for your submission, now hopefully millions of people will enjoy it.

Wade

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey! very nice!...i was wondering if someone could sell me, or point me towards some colorful macros?
mine are all green, and i'd really like some reds and whatever else i could accent the fuge with. thanks!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can make friends with your local fish store, you might be able to persuade them to save them for you? That is how I got mine!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: