• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Done aquascaping and moving corals for now. Now I have to dissasemble the old tank and remove it from the house and finish the doors of the new stand.

Attachments

• DSC_0001_edited-1-2.jpg
    DSC_0001_edited-1-2.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 2,353
A

Anonymous

Thanks. You can't see it but there is a canyon that runs at 45 degrees from the front to back and around the island on the right. It runs where the RBTA is. Fish love it so far.

pcardone

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. from what I can see you did a nice job on the stand. I'm a contractor and keep telling myself I'm gonna make a new one but can't get motivated. I'm worried about the rose anemone. He's gona move around and sting your hard corals.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliments. I have had the RBTA for 7-8 months now. It moved a bit when we first got it but it settled down. I am on vigilant duty until he settles down again in the new tank. Corals will certainly be moved. Once he settled down in the old tank after a few days he stayed put for 7-8 months.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I like it. I know it is not the usual look for the aquascape, but I wanted to try to get away from the stacked rock look. It may only be a small canyon in between the two sides, but the fish love it and ride the current through non stop so far. Big hit with the fish lol. Thanks for the compliments.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for the compliments. The MJ is back on. It was off for repairs at the time of the photo. I went to adjust its angle and broke the front guard off. So after a few explitives and some super glue, we are back on track. As a side note that is the third time the guard has broken on me. So be careful in handling it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. :lol:

It broke the first day about 5 minutes out of the box. Then I glued it and another piece broke off. Then I broke it again the other day just moving the PH. So yes.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just now finished the doors, they are drying and will be ready to install tomorrow. I opted originally for no canopy, but may be changing that as I just got a great deal on some t5s. I may have to build a canopy to use them in conjunction with my MH. I will shoot some pics tomorrow once the glue cures on the door. This project has taught me a few things about carpentry, namely that I have no skills whatsoever. My trimming looks like a quadraplegic blind man with a chainsaw did it. But at least it is finished. Pics tomorrow. I promise not to Len out on you.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a 90 gallon. Thanks for the compliments again. Yes my galaxea is off to the side on teh LPS softy island so as to behave itself around its neighbors lol. It gets some serious sweepers goiong, up to 4 inches so far that I have seen. It is one of my first corals so no matter how much trouble it causes I will still find a spot for it somewhere. I got it about a year ago and it was the size of a thunb nail. Now it is a softball size. It has dropped polyps twice and formed daughter colonies. Very cool coral.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: