• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

The Chefin' man

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Fellas,

My ph is at 8.09 and yesterday it was at 8.12. My PH is diminishing what do I need to do? Add a dose of B-ionic? Will that raise it back up? Also is it ok not to clean the back wall of the tank. I was just going to let algae and coraline build up. Or will that affect the tank chemistry.

Thank you,
The Chef

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is it today? When are you testing it? Test at the end of the day before the lights go out and it might be higher. 8.12 isn't bad anyways. The algae/coralline build up on the back won't affect your tank in a bad way unless you don't like the way it looks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're fine IMO.

What are your Calcium & ALK levels?

Does your skimmer need to be cleaned? What about the intake to the skimmer?

The Chefin' man

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is now 10:30 when I checked it and the ph is at 8.32. The standard level is or should be at 8.4 to 8.6 correct? The alk this morning was at 3.5 as far as the cal I unfortunately do not have a test kit for that. I bought the sea chem and I thought that it came with cal. But evidentaly I was wrong. This setup will be approx 1.5 months old. I started it off of an old setup that I had. So I figured that the system is ready o go. I have been testing the paremeters daily or every other day I have a ev120 protein skimmer that is brand new, well and month old.

Thank you.

The Chefin' man

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thank you, I just was a little worried. Because I have just put a decent load on the system. I got to get all of my stuff back from my 55 gal. It was at the fish hotel. Except the little $ hit sold my colt coral that was about 7 inches tall. and very wide. God love the fish monger he helped me out with holding my fish and he is going to order me another one. I just hope that it is better than the one that I had.

Thank you,
The Chef

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: