• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I currently run 1ea XM 10KK and 1ea reeflux 10kk with 2ea VHO actinics. I find them to be a bit yellow. I would like a less yellow look without getting real blue. I would like the overall look to be white with just a hint of blue,

Suggestions.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yeat, but even when the tank water was first put in the lights gave it a yellow tint.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, the bulbs start out yellow but get more blue after a month or two. The water may have yellowed in that time. If you do add carbon, make sure to watch for any signs of bleaching. The carbon can make a big difference in light transmission.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What wattage wazzel?

I have the 14K Phoenix 250W HQI and I like the color allot.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob_Reef_Keeper":3cj2xggo said:
What wattage wazzel?

I have the 14K Phoenix 250W HQI and I like the color allot.

250's also.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":2xdvqais said:
Ya, the bulbs start out yellow but get more blue after a month or two. The water may have yellowed in that time. If you do add carbon, make sure to watch for any signs of bleaching. The carbon can make a big difference in light transmission.

Possibly. The XM had 6 months of burn time on it before it got put on this tank. It was used for 6 months on my 60 cube.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: