• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Dewman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, I could say a few words about them.
Well, I had already purchased a Seio 820 and used it. And liked it in the 30 cube, so I may stick with it. I am not planning on keeping a bunch of SPS, so just having a good steady flow will do. The Seio seems to move all of the water around my tank in a swirly motion. It seems to get the job done.

As for the Tunze...
Well, as I had already mentioned it's large. It's body is about 3 inches in diameter and the output sticks out an additional inch almost. Unlike the Vortech, the cord is on the inside of the tank. ( I had thought it was on the outside because of all of the misleading pictures posted on the web :wink: ).
They feel a little flimsey. I have only taken one out but the mounting bracket on the base looks thin.
I guess they will be good pumps, but I think I will not be keeping them due to the size. I assumed that when they said "nano" it would be remarkably small.

These are only my initial views, not a comment on the quality or operation of the product in any way. I have read several other poeple's reviews and they all seem to like the flexibility of pointing the pumps in any direction and the reduction in size and wattage of a pump, that puts out more than a normal pump of similar size.
These guys will be heading back to the Mail order place today via UPS.

I think I'll stick to my TAAM. I like the versatility of the pump and it's several different configurations.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One big diffence between Seio and Tunze is heat output. I removed my Seio to put a Nano Stream in, and my 60g system dropped 2 degrees 8O

Dewman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really??
Wow... well. Maybe I will rethink this before I go home from work.
UPS is on the way home.

What size (total) system are you running Gresham?

IceMan0124

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about a seio, but I heard mostly negative comments on them, mainly start up problems, and I turnoff my pumps several times a week for feeding,water changes etc, whetre did you order?

Dewman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Seio I bought from That Fish Place.
The Tunze I bought from FinsDepot.

I am not saying that it won't happen, all I am saying is that it has not happened to me yet but I have not had any problems with the Seio or the Rio's.
I guess maybe I jinxed myself now by saying that...

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are you gonna do about lighting? and is that an aquaC skimmer?

need more pics.... Don't be a Len! :lol:

Dewman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for lighting, I have not completely decided yet.
I bought the Coralife 10K 150 HQI clip-on last year intending to attach it to my 30 cube when I got it set up.
The cube is 21 inches deep(tall) and if you notice the pictures, I have cranked up the level of the HQI to be about the same distance from the bottom of the 10 gallon as it would were it situated over the top of the cube...
I did this to see how much light would reach the bottom. Of course there will be more water between the light and the bottom of the cube, but I think I am satisfied with the amount of light the bottom gets.

I wanted to be able to balance it out and keep a variety of species. Lower light for Zoo's on the bottom and enough light at the top for Montipora colonies. The only addition I think I will make is adding a couple of 18" VHO 50/50's to the hood and a couple of home engineered Moon light LED's.

As for the skimmer... I am ashamed a little. I didn't want to dish out the bucks for the Backpack or Remora and so I bought from a company that produces Backpack knock-off's. My only complaint is that I can not find a pump with an outlet that fits the inlet for the skimmer. It's a really weird size... I ended up milling out an ABS hose barb to accomodate a rio 800 I haveand milled the other end down to fit the skimmer soI have an "adapter" now. I am not sure if I want to keep the Rio 800 on there though. I'll just have to see how it performs.

Dewman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get more pics of the internals of the sump later when I get it fixed up pretty.
Right now, I bought 2 big sponges and cut the middles out of them and inserted my return pump to keep down the transferred vibration to the sump and stand. I zip tied the sponges to the pump and it seems to be doing the job.
It Aint purty, but it works.
Can anyone give me more ideas on insulating the submerged pump from the skimmer to prevent vibration?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: