• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

spitfire

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody know anything about the coralife super skimmer and the typhoon skimmer both that are at dr. fosters and smith. I have a ten gallon reef tank and was looking at both of them. thanks for your replys

spitfire

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the typhoon

Attachments

• lg_22924_31213P.jpg
    lg_22924_31213P.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 647

bradl.

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CSS are pretty good skimmers for the money. If you are running them in sump you cant go wrong. But as a hang on I would not recomend them. They tend to over flow unexpectidly and the o rings leak some times. Aqua c make great hang on skimmers.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used CPR hand on skimmers for years. They are very easy to adjust and skim great for tanks up to 60 gallons. It also just so happens that I have one lying around if you want it. It is used but in perfect working condition. You can see the for sale thread in the for sale forum. I never had an issue with them. Very simple plug and play skimmers.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 plus shipping and that includes the MJ 1200 and bubble trap.

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that CPR would be a good purchase. there is a mod floating around the boards that tells you how to mod a maxi-jet to a thread/needlewheel to get similar performace to the deltec style (mce300) i am moding a impellar as we speak but am off to new york. so the pics will post when i get back.

the makpak has served me well for years. i hear the aquaC remora is another good skimmer. for HOB that is.

BTW - reef octopus now makes a HOB skimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: