• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a certain direction the ignition filament should be in the housing?After installing the bulbs I noticed the metal tab ( I assume is for iginition) was facing the opposite direction in each housing and figured I'd better ask before firing them up.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know that it matters, but mine are the same direction.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I started wondering because........ one bulb is seven months old with the tab toward the "hot" side of the pendant. The other bulb is five months old with the tab toward the "nuetral" side of the pendant. The seven month old bulb has black residue inside of it and the five month old bulb looks brand new. The corals on the five month old side seem to be losing color so I am wondering if it hasnt been burning as bright as the older bulb or is just a bad bulb altogether. I will let you know how things turn out .

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bulbs are 14k phoenix. My crocea clam who lives bottom center is very happy and growing well. My condy anenome seems to need a little shade from them. They are plenty bright for my 120.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: