• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

FB

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get a 90 gallon 48X18X24 for $200.00 CDN. I can get the same tank in starfire front and both sides for $400.00 CDN. I understand it's only $200.00, but its 100% more. Is it worth the extra money. Anyone have any pictures of the difference.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have pictures of the difference. But I do have starfire glass on my tank. To me, yes, it's worth the extra money. It's not as clear as acrylic, but it's much clearer than regular glass and the lack of the green tint can really make a huge difference (especially if the glass is fairly thick).

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely worth it if you're talking of glass that's 1/2" thick or more. You'll get truer color. People should also consider starphire glass for double-end bulb shields as well.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is going to be your last upgrade for a while, Go for it.

check this out. there's all 5 sides of a tank in this pic

starphire.jpg

B

TheJGMProject

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unarce":1fctgm7x said:
Definitely worth it if you're talking of glass that's 1/2" thick or more. You'll get truer color. People should also consider starphire glass for double-end bulb shields as well.

I can definately attest to that bro!!!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted the wrong picture, and the edit was taking too long.

See how you can only see one piece of glass?

Well, there's actually 3 pieces. Look at the blue tape. It's put on the glass before the pieces are joined. once you smooth the silicone, you pull the tape. Nice clean edges. But I digress.

Three pieces.

Yeah, you see them. don't you? Now you know the reason for starfire.

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
>...Now you know the reason for starfire.

Yes, that is the point I tried to make in my response.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: