• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had it up a few weeks, and it seems to be breaking in nicely. Here is a pic of the Octopus Recirc. 150. It JUST fits in my tank. I have EXACTLY what I need at the top to remove the cup for cleaning!!!! OH, and maybe you guys can see how cramped it is in a CUBE STAND! haha.

B

Attachments

• SKIMMERsmall.jpg
    SKIMMERsmall.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 785
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how cramped a cube stand can be. Looks like you have just enough room.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually really suprised at the construction of this thing. I'ts built really sturdy out of nice thick cast acrylic. I haven't really found anything to complain about yet :) Hopefully it will do a better job than my Remora did.. those little things ROCK!

B

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the room issue goes... I'm going to try to build a side stand the coming year to house all the electrical stuff. All the plugs, outlets, ballasts..all add up for a lot of heat and electrical mess.

B

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hope that baby doesn't go a little crazy with the foam! Can we say smelly floor!?? ;) Looks good, though. But it still hasn't "broken" in? Seems very unusual to take this long... :? Maybe you just don't have enough for what this skimmer wants to skim.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That column of foam looks very impressive. I've only heard good things about Octopus skimmers.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 weeks is what a skimmer normally takes to break in. It's been about that. I have a litre container hooked up to the waste container, so unless it just skims wet ....and goes nuts... I'll be fine as far as catching the mess.

b

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these skimmers are cool. if you surf over at RC at all they have a thread devoted to modding the thing. if you do all the mods.... a couple little things.... it will perform as efficient as the deltec apf600...

my buddy down the way did it. he has the two pump recirc. that thing rocks..... he is going to mod it into a threadwheel... even bigger performance jump..

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... did=974704

this is the mod thread:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... genumber=1

roland is the octopus skimmer überguru! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: